Sunday, August 29, 2010

A handkerchief for your bride...

I just finished and posted my favorite handkerchief yet -- a pretty lace bridal handkerchief with nesting love birds in grey.


I've actually done three handkerchiefs in the past year with this same design, but always used blue for the birds. I decided to use grey this time because I wanted the birds to look like mourning doves.

Mourning doves are a very well-known species because of their unique cooing, which sounds like someone crying, as well as their popularity as a game bird. My favorite story about these birds is that they mate for life; once they select a mate, that's it. They are a common symbol of love and faithfulness, so I think they are a particularly good choice for wedding items!

I actually have a tattoo of a mourning dove on my left arm-- I guess you could say I'm a fan!



No comments:

Post a Comment