Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recent Custom Orders -- Bragging a Bit!

Can I make a New Year's Resolution in February? If yes, I'd like to resolve that I will post to this blog at least once a week!

I've recently started contributing to the EtsyNEAT blog, the official blog of the Etsy Needle Arts Street Team. Each Tuesday, I write "Tips and Tricks" that I hope will help our members and any other blog followers.

I've also been VERY busy with custom orders. In fact, I haven't had time to do any embroidery that I just wanted to do since the beginning of January. This is totally a BLESSING, but I am looking forward to spending some time finishing the cowgirl pin-up I started at Christmas!

Here are just a few of the things I've worked on in the past month and a half... I also made quite a few of my popular initial handkerchiefs, but I've posted photos of those before!

(I made 127 of these handmade handkerchiefs.... I cut the shapes from fabric yardage, sew, and then hand-cut each of the scallop shapes on the edges.)
(This was a gift from a bridesmaid to a bride...)

My favorite thing that I worked on this month was a set of handkerchiefs for the beautiful ladies of ZASS. Zass is Zulay and Stephanie, a mother-and-daughter team who are known in local (Raleigh, NC is local to me) craft circles for their AMAZING upcycled jewelry designs. They asked me to create floral handkerchiefs as a gift for their yearly gathering of "Hot Older Women", or "HOW Girls". I modified their logo to be hankie-friendly and stitched it up in various colors on retro hankies. Check them out!


2 comments: