Friday, June 18, 2010

Work in progress...

I'm working on a huck towel with a satin-stitched "B" for Lyndsie ... Here it is "in progress"...



I love my pink plastic embroidery hoop. I know a lot of people swear by wood hoops, but I am attached to plastic. I don't do a lot of embroidery that isn't washable, though, and I think that's part of it. Take this piece for example-- It is made to be used and washed (it's going to be a kitchen towel), so I don't need to worry about hoop marks. I'll just wash them out before I mail it!

This lettering is from a vintage embroidery monogram pattern set I found at the Fairgrounds Flea Market here in Raleigh... It has three different sizes, and this large size is fabulous. I originally envisioned adding stars from a different vintage pattern, but they just didn't look right. The harsh angles of the stars clashed with the curves of the lettering.

Here's an "S" I made from the same pattern:

1 comment: